Magical Battle Arena has a built-in Netplay System.
There are two methods.
1) Get Hamachi. Edit
Hamachi 2 is unrecommended. Get Hamachi 1.0.3. Download it here.
Install Hamachi, then press the green power button to sign in. Then on bottom right corner, press the triangle button and press join network.
Join the network that you're closest in terms of region to:
West Coast US: MBA West Coast Players | MagicalWest
MBA West Coast Players 2 | LetsPlay
East Coast US: MBA East Coast Players | Lyrical East
MBA East Coast Players 2 | EastPlay
Europe: LynMBA_Europe | elyn
LynMBA_Europe02 | elyn
MBA EU | Nanoha
Asia: LynMBA_Asia | alyn
LynMBA_Asia02 | alyn
2) Forward the Port 14500 UDP & TCP. Edit
Host hosts the game, then gives the Client his External IP, which can be found here.
After that, Client joins using the IP given.
How to Join Edit
First, the host goes on the game and goes to Network. He/she should now be on Network Option.
If you're HOST, put it at following settings:
If you're CLIENT put it at following settings: (IP Address should be changed according to the Host's IP)
Q: I get an error message when I try to join.
A: It can be of many reasons.
1) Both (or more) don't have the same version of MBA.
2) You typed in the wrong IP.
3) *When using Hamachi* You did not join the host's network; both the host and client needs to be in the same network.
4) Host did not host yet.
Q: How can I manage Saved IP?
A: Go to your MBA Directory and run MBAConfig.exe. Go to the 2nd tab on the top. You should now be in this:
Q: It lags like hell when I play.
A: This game is unfortunately heavily host based. That means host will never lag and client will receive all the lag. It can be of few reasons:
1) *When using External IP, not Hamachi* One of your (Client/Host) ports is not forwarded. Forward the ports.
2) One of you is using something of high bandwidth, streaming, torrent, downloading, etc.
3) Distance is too great. Fighting East Coast vs Asia gives alot of lag. If you're using Hamachi, make sure the ping of your opponent is 150ms or less.
Further Notes Edit
Unlike other Doujin games, Magical Battle Arena has a specific Lobby in Network Options. That means, host MUST host first before the client can join. If Client tries to join before host hosts into the Lobby, Client will get an error.